Here comes the cold business language at odds with the warm flesh of a great Mao Shan.
Read it though. Be safe. Be true to yourself. Take total responsibility.
Terms & Conditions for “Run For Good Durian Run 5km”
1. By continuing to access any part of the Run For Good Durian Run 5km’s (RFGDR) Official Website, registering for the RFGDR, submitting information to the Event Organiser and/or the relevant business partners, whether for the purpose of registering for the RFGDR or otherwise, as well as using any features of the Official Website, you signify that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by our Privacy Statement (as amended from time to time) in respect of the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data. Further, you hereby expressly agree and consent to the Event Organiser and/or the relevant business partners collect, use and disclose your personal data for purposes reasonably required for the conduct and promotion of the RFGDR. I agree to allow the People’s Association/Central Singapore CDC/Ang Mo Kio-Hougang CCC to disclose my personal information to its service provider, vendor as it is necessary for official purpose in connection with the event and the Association.
2. Completion of the online race registration form confirms the person’s (the “Participant”) agreement and acceptance to abide by these R&Rs.
3. Registration for the RFGDR is only confirmed upon payment of the relevant registration fee and issuance of a race confirmation email.
4. The Participant agrees to : (i) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about himself/herself in the registration form (the “Personal Data”) and (ii) maintain and promptly update the Personal Data to ensure it stays true, accurate, current and complete. The Race Organiser may contact the Participant from time to time by email and/or SMS. Any notice sent to the email address and/or SMS sent to the telephone number registered for the RFGDR via the online race registration form shall be deemed as received by the Participant.
5. If the Participant provides any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete or if the Race Organiser has grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, the Race Organiser may suspend or terminate the Participant’s registration.
6. After registration, there shall be no refund of any registration fees to any Participant who does not in due course take part in the RFGDR, for any reason whatsoever.
8. Once registration is confirmed, a Participant is strictly NOT ALLOWED to:-
(a) transfer her race entry to another party; or
(b) participate under other person’s name or number.
7. The Race Organiser reserves the right to modify or substitute any of these R&Rs from time to time as they deem fit. If there is ambiguity in any of these provisions, the Race organizer shall be the sole authority to interpret them and in so doing, it may take into account the interests of all affected Participants. Any amendments to these R&Rs will be updated on the Official Website.
8. The Race Organiser reserve the right to delay, cancel or change any details of the RFGDR or any component of it at any time without prior notice to the Participants. In such cases, every effort will be made to inform the Participants prior to the day / date of the event. If RFGDR or any component of it is cancelled, there shall be no refund of registration fees paid. The Race Organiser shall not be liable for any consequential loss or inconvenience caused.
9. The Race Organiser reserves the right to amend the RFGDR 2017 race routes as they deem fit for the safety of the Participants and/or to prevent any potential hazards in the running of the RFGDR, at any time without prior notice to the Participants. In such cases, every effort will be made to inform the Participants prior to the day / date of the event. The Race Organiser shall not be liable for any consequential loss or inconvenience caused.
10. The Race Organiser reserves the right to use any photographs, motion pictures, images, recordings or any other record of the RFGDR and its Participants, whether in its original or edited format, for any commercial advertising and other promotional purposes linked to the RFGDR.
11. Whilst reasonable precaution will be taken to ensure Participants’ safety, Participants take part in RFGDR 2017 at their own risk. To the greatest extent permitted by the law, the Race Organiser shall not be held liable for any loss, damage, personal injury or death howsoever arising in connection with the RFGDR 2017. Each Participant is strongly encouraged to consult her medical practitioner prior to the registration of RFGDR and before the actual race day.
12. A Participant shall retire from the RFGDR 2017 immediately if required to do so by any member official medical staff, Event officials, referee and/or security officer.
Race Category and Format
13. Participants participate as individuals with a unique race format of carrying a durian in a way the participant deems fit and comfortable for their own and others safety.
14. A Participant must be 7 years and above on the race day to participate in this Run For Good Durian Run 5km.
15. Any Participant below the age of 18 is required to seek parental/guardian consent and complete the relevant indemnity and declaration forms when registering online or in-person failing which the Race Organiser reserves the right to refuse entry to that Participant.
16. For the avoidance of doubt, the Participant’s age will be deemed to be her age as of the date of registration.
17. Participants are to assemble at the start point at least 15 minutes prior to start
18. Participants must bring along their race number to display during the run.
19. Pets, bicycles, in-line skates, prams, push carts, shoes with built-in or attached rollers and any other wheel-run objects are not allowed on the race route.
20. For safety reasons, Adverteasements and the Race Organiser restrict the following persons from participating in the RFGDR 2017:-
(a) mothers running with their babies in baby carriers; or
(b) expectant mothers unless the expectant mothers provide a medical certificate from a qualified gynaecologist in Singapore (other than the expectant mother or her family member) and certify she is fit to participate in the RFGDR 2017. The certificate should be dated within seven days of the RFGDR 2017.
21. A participant who does not start within 15 minutes from the flag off time will be disqualified and for safety reasons, shall not be allowed to start.
22. The Race Organiser will not be responsible for any loss and/or damage to the belongings and items brought to the race. The Race Organiser also reserves the right to open and examine any item or baggage deposited for security purpose.
23. The “Gun Time” will be considered to determine the winners except for the non-competitive categories. “Gun Time” shall be the time from the start signal until the Participant crosses the finishing line.
24. The Race Organiser reserves the right to replace any winner if it is found out the winner is not the actual paid participant for the event, cheated or have in any way won due to unfair means.
25. In the event of discrepancy, the event organiser’s decision is final.
26. The event is a fun run without a competitive element, thus participants and expected to have fun and put the safety, comfort and enjoyment of those around and themselves as top priority. Be nice, small, have fun and that being said, run your hearts out.
27. Note: In the event of unfortunate Weather Conditions, the event will be postponed/cancelled at the organiser’s discretion. There will be no refunds made in the event of cancellation.